Soaring Spirits provides widowed people with the chance to meet socially, and to create a local community of widowed friends through our Regional Social Group program. Groups are led by our awesome volunteer facilitators who plan meetings twice a month in their geographical area.
Our meetings are focused on assisting widowed men and women in rebuilding their social structure post-loss. We don’t provide any presented content, and all of our meetings are held in easily accessible public locations. Our aim is to assist widowed people in getting back out into the world, with a group of understanding friends by their sides!
The locations of our regional groups are determined by the availability of a volunteer willing to head the program in any given area. To determine if there is a Soaring Spirits Regional Social Group meeting near you, just enter your zip or postal code below. Interested in joining our Regional Social Leader team? Use the form on our volunteer page to request additional information.
Hike in Muir Woods and Celebrate Earth Day.
- Meet us at the entrance to Muir Woods at the Ranger Station.
- We will meet at Muir Woods at 9:00 a.m., take a beautiful hike, stop and have some lunch at the cafe in the park, and finish off hiking.
- Bring layered clothing, good walking/hiking shoes, hat, sunscreen, and money for lunch.
- They are now restricting parking on site. Nanci has reserved and paid for 2 parking spaces for us. Her car can fit 5 people. She is hoping someone with a van will be the second driver so that they may fit all who wish to attend. Please contact Nanci if you have a van.
- Car and Vanpool must be a Muir Woods at 9am to get reserved parking spaces.
- Please keep your RSVPs current for this outing due to the parking restrictions.
- To be in the carpool from East Bay, please be at Pleasant Hill BART at 7:30am, in passenger loading area.
Please join us for dinner!
Questions? Email to brlasoaringspirits@ gmail.com
Visit the group FB page here.
Join us for great conversations with new friends.
You'll find the Desert Widows & Widowers here on the last Wednesday of each month - usually at the round table in the middle of the room. Feel free to arrive a bit late as we are generally there until they close at 3pm.
Long Horn Steakhouse -- Every Wednesday!
Friendly get-together to chat about our struggles and successes over good food!
Reservations under Soaring Spirits. RSVP before end of day Tuesday.
Group email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
An evening with Dr. Kenneth Doka, senior consultant for Hospice Foundation of America.There is no one size fits all to cope with loss.See the group's Facebook page: here
Email Sonja at: email@example.com
Jazz and A Picnic
We'll spread out some blankets on the lawn of the old Scottish Rite building in Decatur, have a picnic and will enjoy the Bonaventure Quartet with Amy Pike at Oakhurst Jazz Night. (The concert moves inside if it rains.) The music starts at 7:00 so try to arrive by 6:45 so we can find a spot together. I will be wearing my Hope Matters t-shirt but you will need to RSVP on the Google Doc at www.tinyurl.com/SSA-RSVP to get my cell phone number. Free but you may need to pay for parking in the area.
More information on the Oakhurst Jazz Nights can be found here: http://oakhurstjazznights.com/
What to bring
Bring a blanket to sit on; do not bring chairs as they are not allowed. I'll bring some wine so bring anything else you might like to drink. Sign up to bring an hors d'oeuvres to share with the group here www.tinyurl.com/SSA-RSVP.Permission granted to keep it simple and don't let this be an impediment to joining us.
Cost: Parking & your own food/drink
If you have questions please contact Tamara Beachum, Soaring Spirits Atlanta group leader, at tamara (at) tamarabeachum (.) com.
Friday Breakfast and Conversation
Group's Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/soaringspiritsphoenix/
Let's Get Together!
Stop by and join us for lunch and conversation.
Questions? Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the group's Facebook page: here